Friday, May 24, 2013

GW letting people save money?!

Anyone that has visited Games Workshop's website today will know that Eldar have come out today with some very cool new models. That Wraithknight is massive and I really like the look of the close combat Wraithguard. Other then that I thought it was a pretty weak release compared to the other ones, hopefully it will be made up for in the codex. I found a very nice surprise that some people may have over looked in their  joy of the new release.
Codex: Eldar
New Eldar Codex
At the bottom of the new release page there are 4 units that are not Eldar related; Necron Destroyers and 3 different biker squads. After buying multiple bikers in their individual box, which was really annoying since most stores didn't carry very many bikes which made me have to travel all over the Imperium to get my hand full of space marine bikers, GW has now released a Space Marine bike squad for $40. I really appreciate the box in itself because now I can buy a box of bikes without having to look for Dark Angel models, all White Scar players should appreciate this new box as well, but the thing that shocked me was the price. If you buy 3 bikes in the single box it will cost you $45+tax so you actually save $5! Could this be a genuinely new policy from GW to compete with local gaming stores? You also save $5-10 on the other units there as well.
Space Marine Bike Squad
Space Marine Bike Squad
Anyone that buys the Eldar squadrons will also save money if they need three or more of things so I hope the squad requirements encourages unit builds of 3-6. The other thing I caught just made me shake my head, The Saim-Hann 1 click collection is $20 more then if you buy it all individually. To save that money you will have to buy 2 of the Windrider Jetbike squadrons and not buy 6 individual jetbikes which is where the price difference comes from. I really hope that someone reads this and is able to save themselves a $20 bill, and with that you can get another character model or a handful or paint. 
Saim-Hann 1-Click Miniatures Collection
Saim-Hann 1 click model collection
That is all I have, I am very happy that I can save a few bucks on a couple models. Have an Emperor blessed day, and a great Memorial Day weekend for those in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment